Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Birthday!

Today is my youngest brother's 18th birthday. I can't believe that Dan is that old already! I remember 18 years ago travel on a dark night to a family's house. They were going to watch Mike, Rach and I while my mom had the baby.

On that evening I was sharing a room with my friend and we decided we wanted to see if the baby was born and what it was (boy or girl). So we cooked up a scheme to go downstairs and get some water...maybe, just maybe they would tell us that the baby was born. No such luck. Not even a peep about the baby. Now that I'm older I guess that he hadn't been born yet...we were a little too early in coming downstairs!

The next thing I remember is getting in the car. I felt so privileged that I could sit in the back seat with my mom and the baby between us. I just stared and stared at the baby with the chubby, big cheeks. Daniel Phillip was born on August 11, 1991 at 11:30 PM. He weighed over 8 pounds- biggest of us four!

I also remember that my mom had a red rose that I think my dad had gotten for her. I just recall that it was so pretty! When we got home my mom and dad took the baby to the living room and the three of us older children gathered around and just gazed at the new baby we had waited for so long so see. I remember that when mom was pregnant we would hug her belly at night and say, "Goodnight baby!"

Such good times and it still only feels like yesterday. So I say happy birthday to Bro Danny! May God bless you with many more to come!

2 comments:

  1. Aww.. I was two when Conner was born so I don't remember anything about that.
    The scheme with the water sounds like one Amber and I would have done, had we had anymore siblings.
    Years certainly do fly. The baby in our family will be 15 this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 15! I had Conner pegged as 13... oops! Years do fly and they get faster as one gets older!

    Happy Birthday! 18 isn't a bad year, at least for me.
    It sounds like Daniel entered into a wonderful home. Who wouldn't want to be the center of attention! =)
    So nice to have babies in the house. Everthing gets all calmed down and restful. I am nervous with them though. I am always afraid they will break! :) Only babies in this house these days are the ones from friends. We still enjoy them though!

    ReplyDelete