Friday, June 12, 2009

What's in a Name

The URL for this blog is "A Song of Deliverance". I wanted to explain why I chose that.

First of all, I love music (I've been writing songs since I was a little girl) and the Lord has really used music in my life to lift me up and encourage me. Thus, it has been my goal to use the music the Lord gives me to encourage others. As of yet I have not had an opportunity to really get the music out there...but all in the Lord's time.

Anyway, one of the songs I started working on is called, "A Song Of Deliverance". It came about as a few months ago I was reading my Bible and saw Psalms 32:7- 'Thou art my hiding place; thou shalt preserve me from trouble; thou shalt compass me about with songs of deliverance. Selah.' When I read that verse I began to feel encouraged knowing that it didn't say maybe God would preserve me from trouble or be my hiding place. If God feels like it He'll be there for you, but it said 'Thou shalt'.

It made me feel so encouraged and I also, was looking for a way to get out and share some things that the Lord had shown me, so I could encourage others. I was desperately trying to think of a name for this blog and realized that A Song of Deliverance should be it.

Every time in the last few years that I've felt: down, discouraged, distraught, frustrated, fearful or any feelings that one tends to have during those harder times- God had always given me a song of deliverance. It's actually during those times that I've written most of the songs that the Lord has given me. I feel so strongly that if you are in a trail the Lord will compass you about with some form of comfort that will assist you as you move to the deliverance He is bringing about for that situation.

Thus...my blog URL and the Psalms 32:7 title. I hope and pray that the Lord will use this blog to not only encourage others, but to be a song of deliverance for someone at some point and time...and maybe someday you'll hear the completed music for...A Song of Deliverance.

1 comment: