Thursday, March 15, 2012

Catching Up

It has been well over a year since I've last posted. A lot has happened and it's time to finally get a new post out there.

I've been very busy in the last year! Last summer we had camp at His Thousand Hills (HTH) as we do every year. I believe it was the busiest summer since I've been at HTH. We had 11 groups in 10 weeks. Everyone was exhausted by the end of summer camp, but it was a great time! I was able to do a few new things too! For the first time I went canoeing! I didn't have a camera so I don't have a picture, but I will always remember the fun of that day! I was also able to try out the bungee run. What fun that was! Of course the camera was not around for that either...but once again I'll remember the great time spent with friends!

Dress-up dinner for Junior camp.


In September, Mike came home from Korea! He stayed in PA for two weeks and then treated my mom and me to a vacation in Saint Petersburg, Fl.We were down there for two weeks! It was amazing to just relax after such a busy summer. I did get sick through almost the first week with a cold, but it was so nice I didn't have any responsibilities...I was able to just lay in the sun or relax in the pool! Such a difference than being at home and think of all the stuff I'm not able to get done because I'm sick in bed!

We visited Fort Desoto, attend a Southern Gospel concert, went to a Yankees game and had an awesome with old friends and even made some new friends.

Mom and I were able to enjoy the Cold Stone Creamery for the first time!








Mike left on October 10th for his next station in Germany. He'll possibly be there for two years...so it may be a while before we get to see him again.

Saying goodbye to the girl dogs

In November I had my 26th birthday. It's hard to believe time is going by so quickly! I sometimes wish time would just stop so I can get more done!!!

Christmas was great as we were able to talk with Mike for a few hours using Skype. We were also able to get to spend Christmas with my sister too! She usually has to work and the last few years she's had the 2-10 pm shift. Therefore we'd wake up open gifts and she'd have to run to work and have no time to spend with us. Well, this year she was able to get the morning shift and was able to spend all afternoon and evening with us. It was wonderful to be able to still have Christmas as a family despite all the distance and business of each of my family members!

Well, that's the update! Hopefully I can be more diligent in the future and not have such a long period before you hear from me again!

2 comments:

  1. Hello! So glad for the update! Sorry I've missed you the past few times I was in the area!
    I’ve tagged you over at my blog. Feel free to do the tag if you want. They can be rather fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Am! I did see that tag but haven't had a chance to respond. Hopefully, I will get to it soon! They seem to be a nice way to get to know someone a little better! My mom did tell me you were ate church the other day. Sorry I missed you! We'll have to get together sometime!

      Delete