Wednesday, October 10, 2012

60 And Loving It!

This month has been long awaited for a momentous occasion: mom's 60th birthday!  About two years ago she started getting really excited about turning sixty-so I wanted to do something special as it seems like the big-0 years are pretty important.  :-)

So we planned a surprise party at His Thousand Hills!  Mom knew we would probably try to do something, but she ended up being completely surprised as birth date is October 9th, and we had the party on September 29th. 

She was so surprised and started cry right away! Good thing the tissues were handy!


The decor was lavender-because her favorite flower is the lilac and it's funny because I didn't think of it until after we'd plan to do lilac scented candles, but her wedding colors where also purple.  Mom would have celebrated her 28th wedding anniversary the week before the party.


Mom loves hats so we had the ladies wear a fancy hat to the party-which is why mom and I have a hat on.  But here's the whole family minus Mike-who is overseas still.


This was taken yesterday on mom's actual b-day.  She wore that shirt all day where ever we went!


This coming year is going to be an amazing year for my mom and I'm so grateful that God allowed me to have a mom like her!

Happy Birthday!

3 comments:

  1. You are very rare Rebekah. I wish I could do half what you do for others. Im sure God is very thankful for your thinking of others. I know your family adores all that you do for them. Did you make that shirt at home for your mom? I have said it before and Ill say it again, you are very humbling Rebekah. You and your mom are very blessed to have each other.. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's only by God's grace and through His strength that I can do anything! I didn't make mom's shirt-a lady friend's daughter had made it for her and then she passed it onto mom. Now mom has to pass is onto someone else! :-)

      Delete
  2. your apsolutely right. I have been so blessed this past year with strength to step through doors I never would have without it. I have alot of respect for the testimony you have. the Lord does provide us with all the strength we need. we just dont always use it. I dont mean to build you up, it is all the Lords doing, but you still choose to use that strength and that means alot. mostly because it strengthens those brothers and sisters in christ around you. ;)

    ReplyDelete