Friday, February 14, 2014

With The One Who Loves Me!


Today the Lord gave me a new song-and I actually started and finished writing it all in one day!  It just made me realize that when God is moving you need to be ready-in season and out of season to move and do what He has given you to do.
When I woke up this morning I was thinking about all the tasks I needed to accomplish.  I had woken up a little late as I was up into the wee hours of the morning.  Instead of getting those tasks done-which I was already woefully behind on-God gave me a song to write and sing.
A friend once told me something that changed my view on singing.  She said, "If God gives you a song, it's because He wants to hear you sing it!"

When we sing music to our Lord we are lifting Him up in worship and praise.  Always be ready for God to move and to be in and apart of your life.

Yes, I still have those countless tasks to catch up on and I will still be behind in them tomorrow.  But then I am reminded and I see how much God loves me.  He wants and desires to spend time with me. Some of the time we spent together today was making music....forget those tasks and duties, it's no big deal...I want to be with the one who loved me and gave His life for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment