Friday, June 6, 2014

Rejoice And Again I Say Rejoice



There are many variables in life that make us wonder: does God know what he's doing? Does he actually have a plan? Or are we just moseying along hoping for the best?

There is a song, I'm sure many of you have heard of it, entitled: "Rejoice In The Lord" By: Ron and Shelly Hamilton. (If you haven't heard the song my mom, sister and I sing it on our CD.)

The words to the song are this:

God never moves without purpose or plan
When trying His servant and molding a man.
Give thanks to the LORD though your testing seems long;
In darkness He giveth a song.

I could not see through the shadows ahead;
So I looked at the cross of my Savior instead.
I bowed to the will of the Master that day;
Then peace came and tears fled away.

Now I can see testing comes from above;
God strengthens His children and purges in love.
My Father knows best, and I trust in His care;
Through purging more fruit I will bear.

O Rejoice in the LORD
He makes no mistake,
He knoweth the end of each path that I take,
For when I am tried
And purified,
I shall come forth as gold.

I often find myself challenged with believing that God is working in my life, especially when a challenge I am facing gets me down so far that I can't see any hope. Lately, my health has been acting up and giving me trouble.

I have dreams and goals that I want to do, but am hindered by these physical challenges. I talk to the Lord about them and I speak scriptures and healing into my body, but often I wonder: where is all this leading? 

Philippians 4:4- "Rejoice in the Lord always and again I say rejoice."

We'd sing that verse in Sunday school as a child, often those Sunday schools songs come back to me and I realize that they are much more important for us "adults" to sing than for children. Why? Because as adults we often forget the simple aspects related to our walk with the Lord.

It can be hard to rejoice when struggles come and all you can see is the struggle, but we can find hope in the knowledge that God is working- even when we can't see him working on our behalf!

God knows how our life will play out and we can trust in that. He will always bring us through the trial- we must just have the faith to believe and rejoice in the victory that will come!







No comments:

Post a Comment