Monday, December 16, 2013

Holiday Fun!


Every year we all have traditions around the holidays that make it special for our family. For my family, there are movies, shopping, wrapping gifts, Christmas music and all sorts of homemade goodies!

I've already begun watching Christmas movies-including my favorite White Christmas-which generally is viewed at least four times from Thanksgiving to Christmas. I've got all my shopping done and will soon begin wrapping everything-which to me is even more fun than shopping!

The final piece of the holiday fun, before the actual holidays, is baking loads and loads of cookies! I've actually had to hold myself back from starting as I've set aside this Thursday as the day to do that project. And boy is it a project!

I've got at least 4-5 different goodies I'm planning on  making and then I have some friends coming over to assist in making some of their own recipes as well. Overall, I should have plenty to share with friends and family.

Here is our absolute favorite cut-out cookies recipe. One of the reasons I love it so much is that you don't have to refrigerate it. Yay! We've used it in our family since I was a little girl and trust me...it is the best! 


Cut-out Cookies

1 Cup Butter
1 Cup Sugar
1 Egg
3 Tbsp. Milk
1 Tsp Vanilla
3 Cups Flour
1 1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
1/2 Tsp Salt

Preheat over to 400*.

In mixing bowl cream butter and sugar. Beat in egg, milk, vanilla. Stir in flour, baking powder and salt until well mixed. Roll out dough and cut. Bake 5-8 minutes.

 It also taste delicious with this frosting!

Vanilla Butter Frosting

3 Cups Confectioner Sugar

1/3 Cup Butter (5 1/3 Tbsp)

1 1/2 Tsp Vanilla

About 2 Tbsp Milk

 Blend butter and sugar. Stir in vanilla and milk until frosting is smooth and of spreading consistency.

Use food coloring if desired.

Enjoy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment