Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Ultimate Cookie


One more day and then I will be in the midst of a baking frenzy! While I am looking forward to it I know it will be an exhausting day! But I already have my night planned for the perfect chill...a night at the movies with friends, popcorn and the new Hobbit film!

Here is one of the cookie recipes I will be making tomorrow. I love this recipe! You can make HUGE cookies and they turn out perfect! There have been days where I make a batch and get 24 large cookies. I eat like, 2 or 3. My brother comes home between 4-6 from work and all but a few are gone by the time I go to bed at 9:30/10:00 pm.

Now whenever I tell anyone that these are THE ultimate chocolate chip cookies...they roll their eyes. But they always end up asking for the recipe and agreeing with me! Try them and you may find your new favorite chocolate chip cookie!

THE ULTIMATE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE
Makes 2 dozen large cookies

1 cup butter, melted (no substitutes)
¾ cup white sugar
¾ cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla
2 ½ cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2-3 cups chocolate chips*

Stir melted butter and sugars; mix well. Stir in eggs and vanilla. Combine flour, soda and salt and stir into butter mixture. Stir in chocolate chips. Using an ice cream scoop, drop dough onto ungreased baking sheet, two inches apart. 

Bake in 325* oven for 12-13 minutes. DO NOT OVERBAKE! Let rest on cookie sheet 5 minutes, then transfer to wire racks.


Tips:


~*you can use any kind of chocolate-I've used chunks and I know of
 some people who've used cut up chocolate bars. 
 ~Mix by hand, do NOT use a mixer
~Only use a plastic or metal bowl, do NOT use glass
~MUST use real sugar and white flour! :-)
~It may look like the cookie isn't done when it comes out of the oven, but as long as you don't have it too thick it will be fine...be sure to let it sit for 5 minutes!

Enjoy!!!! And please be sure to share the cookies...your waistline will thank you! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment