Sunday, May 25, 2014

A Follower



Follow me on:

Twitter
Facebook
Google+
Blogger
Wordpress
YouTube


Today we are inundated with so many requests to follow people. I have to admit that at times I have difficulty saying "No" to everything as some 'follow me' pleas catch my attention.

But are we so caught up in following people that we have forgotten the most important 'follow me' plea?

Seventeen times Jesus used the phrase "Follow Me". His command was given to those who eventually became his disciples, given to the rich man who wanted to know what more he should do to enter heaven, given to us:

"Whosoever will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."
Mark 8:34b

With the technology of today the temptation to get caught up in our daily social world on the web sometimes takes time away from the One we should be following. 

If we truly desire God to work in our life we must be a follower of him- just as we check our phones or computers every time it blings that there is a new notification- we should be just as hooked on Jesus.

This brings up another thought...do you have followers on your social media accounts? What do they see in you? Do they see that you are a follower of Christ? 

Or do you constantly complain about your life and circumstances? (I  understand the need to ask a prayer request or seek some support- I'm talking about those who every day must share everything that goes wrong....may I say, "Blah")

Do you post and share Godly pictures or are you sharing things that aren't Christlike? Or are you choosing to uplift your followers with good thoughts, words and pictures?

We are all followers of someone, just as in this day and age, we all have followers. We must always endeavor to use wisdom in whom we chose to follow and not lose sight of the most important One we should be following: our Saviour- Jesus.

Speaking of following....did you know you can follow me on twitter, Facebook, YouTube and of course this blog?

Follow Me: 

Twitter- @rebgres
YouTube Channel- A Song of Deliverance
This blog- You can subscribe through the email link to receive updates whenever a new post goes up!

No comments:

Post a Comment