Friday, May 23, 2014

Nacho...nacho....pork?


I made a pork shoulder roast the other day (see this post for that recipe) and needed a to find a good recipe to use up all the leftovers I had. I looked at ideas and decided to try on: Pork Nachos.

From the many pictures I found online, the recipe looked both appealing and unappealing. I wasn't sure if it was a wise recipe to try. I asked my siblings and they weren't so sure they wanted to try it either! But I was determined to try a new recipe!

I poured over the many recipes online and took notes on what I liked and didn't. I then created my own recipe.




Pork Nachos

2 cups Pork-shredded
1-1 1/2 cups Barbecue sauce-I used Sweet Baby Rays
Nacho Con Queso Cheese Sauce-click to see my recipe
Olives-sliced
Tomatoes-chopped
Shredded Cheddar Cheese
Chives
Tortilla chips

Re-heat pork with barbecue sauce until warm. Heat nacho cheese. 




Place chips on a cookie sheet or oven safe serving tray. Layer pork mixture over chips, then nacho cheese, olives, tomatoes, shredded cheese and chives.



Place in pre-heated 400*F oven until cheese is melted and nachos are warm. Serve immediately.

There are many other things you could add to these nachos to give them your own flair: jalapeno peppers, refried beans- or other kinds of beans, sour cream, onions, salsa

Side ideas: salad

My notes:

Don't layer your nachos until you are ready to eat...this will keep the chips from becoming too soggy.

This recipe would be great for a dinner or an appetizer

I used the leftover pork for pork barbecue side sandwiches-which most of use ate without the bread.

Overall, despite our misgivings, this recipe turned out AMAZING! I would make it again...I even had the leftovers, of what little we didn't finish, today...it was delicious!

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment