Friday, May 16, 2014

Did somebody say cheese...sauce?


I made a dinner the other night where I needed nacho cheese...or at least some kind of cheese. Not having any Con Quesa Cheese sauce on hand, and despite the fact that I love that cheese sauce, I know it's not very healthy.

So I went about seeking for a way to make my own from scratch. After studying many different recipes, I felt confident enough to make my own person recipe. I had to add to it after it was done to get the desired taste, but it was worth the effort!

I will be using this recipe as often as I can whenever I feel like I NEED cheese sauce!

Nacho Con Queso Cheese Sauce

1 1/2 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
1 TBSP Cornstarch
1 can- 12 oz. Evaporated Milk
½ tsp Salt
1 TBSP Hot Sauce- you can use more or less depending on your taste
3 TBSP Taco Seasoning
¼ cup Salsa-I use my homemade salsa (will have to add the recipe someday)


Mix cornstarch and cheddar cheese together. Place in sauce pan and add milk. Cook on medium heat until cheese is melted and sauce begins to thicken. The longer it cooks the thicker it will get- usually takes at least 10 minutes.



Add salt, hot sauce, taco seasoning and salsa cook until heated through and thickened to your liking.

Serve with tortilla chips or tacos.

I didn't get the end picture of how it looked, but check out the post on Pork Nacho- coming out in a few days! This recipe was perfect for that and gave it such a good flavor!


No comments:

Post a Comment